Smart Cities is the next big IT thing that the Indian Government is planning. A better understanding of what has happened and what can be done with IoT in Smart Cities space will help to make adequately open but private Smart Cities. The session would look at learnings from previous government IT projects like UID, CSC etc. esp. from data privacy perspective and suggest recommendations for Internet of Things implementation in Smart Cities Project.
– Reading the Government’s Smart Cities and IoT Policy
– Smart Cities learnings from around the globe
– Data in previous government projects
– Challenges in Indian Smart Cities implementation
– Handling data in Smart Cities using IoT in India
– Knowing typical IT operations in Government Projects
– Understanding details of IoT and Smart Cities plan of DEITY
– Data Handling for ensuring data privacy
– Recommendations for IoT implementation in Smart Cities Project
Speaker: Prerana Patil heads the IT Division for Maharashtra State Rural Livelihoods Mission, which is Government of Maharashtra’s flagship program for poverty elevation executed under Ageis of NRLM aka Ajeevika Mission. Earlier she has worked as Technical Architect with Oracle Financial Software Services. Working with both IT MNCs and Government IT Team has helped her understand real life challenges with Government IT Project and provide practical IT solutions to them.
This talk was presented at the IndicThreads 2015 Conference held in Pune, India