The SciPy Conference (pronounced “Sigh Pie”) provides the opportunity to learn about the scientific computing with Python. SciPy is open-source software for mathematics, science, and engineering that use the Python programming language. SciPy is a collection of mathematical tools for scientific computing and data analysis with numpy tool. SciPy library is built to work with NumPy arrays and provides many user-friendly and efficient numerical routines.
The core library is NumPy which provides convenient and fast N-dimensional array manipulation. NumPy and SciPy are easy to use and are used by some of the world’s leading scientists and engineers.
NumPy is the package needed for scientific computing with Python.
* a powerful N-dimensional array object
* sophisticated (broadcasting) functions
* basic linear algebra functions
* basic Fourier transforms
* sophisticated random number capabilities
* tools for integrating Fortran code.
NumPy can also be used as an efficient multi-dimensional container of generic data.
Its a good opportunity for science students to learn the scientific computing with Python.
Details of the conference:
Venue: Caltech, Pasadena, CA
Tutorials: August 14-15, 2007
Conference: August 16-17, 2007
Sprints: August 18, 2007
Online Registration is now available. Early registration for the conference is $150.00.
>> Scipy 2007
Latest posts by Content Team (see all)
- IndicThreads Pune 2016 To Equip Developers For A New Age Of Software Development - May 27, 2016
- Java Garbage Collectors – Moving to Garbage First (G1) Collector - May 25, 2016
- Using Lambdas and Streams in Java 8 - May 18, 2016