Seneca College is going to organise “Free Software and Open Source Symposium” on October 24 in Toronto, George Belotsky will be giving a Python talk at the symposium, he has written several articles for O’Reilly Network. His series on C++ memory management made the best of 2003. The talk is titled “Python Power – Learning, Teaching and Doing with the World’s Easiest Programming Language”.
Seneca College is Canada’s largest, with over 100,000 students and more than 260 programs.Â On October 24, 2005, Seneca will be hosting their 4th annual “Free Software and Open Source Symposium” in Toronto.
George Belotsky will talk about python, The presentation will discuss 3 short Python programs ,One program will be a 3-dimensional simulation, another a network client, and the third will generate a GUI interface.
This will illustrate the diversity of situations in which Python can be used for instruction, student projects, and research.
Presentations in “Free Software and Open Source Symposium” :
- Open Source 101: Introduction to Collaboration
- The Open Source Service-Centric Business Model
- Moodle: the Open Source Alternative to WebCT
- Python Power — Learning, Teaching and Doing with the World’s Easiest Programming Language
- How to Do Things with Source Code: Reading Open Source
- The Life-cycle of Open Source: The Renaissance of X
- An overview of OpenOffice 2.0
- Teaching Web and J2EE Development with Eclipse
- The Open Enterprise
>>Â Free Software and Open Source Symposium
Latest posts by Content Team (see all)
- IndicThreads Pune 2016 To Equip Developers For A New Age Of Software Development - May 27, 2016
- Java Garbage Collectors – Moving to Garbage First (G1) Collector - May 25, 2016
- Using Lambdas and Streams in Java 8 - May 18, 2016