Compuware Corporation today announced the general availability of Compuware DevPartner SecurityChecker 2.0 at the VSLive! San Francisco Conference. This new version will provide full integration with Microsoft Visual Studio 2005. DevPartner SecurityChecker 2.0 will enable development and testing teams to improve the quality of their Microsoft ASP.NET Web applications by quickly locating and fixing security vulnerabilities early in the application life cycle, saving time and money.
Some of the new features and enhancements in DevPartner SecurityChecker 2.0 are:
- Full integration with Visual Studio 2005 with the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0.
- Reduction of false positive reporting.
- Improvements for creating and managing discovery maps.
- Improvements to existing SQL Injection, Cross-Site Scripting (XSS), and
- Parameter Tampering vulnerability detection.
Rick Samona, product manager of the .NET Developer Product Marketing Group at Microsoft Corp said, ‘œMicrosoft is pleased that DevPartner SecurityChecker 2.0 supports and integrates with Visual Studio 2005’
DevPartner SecurityChecker uses combination of both white-box (code scanning and run-time analysis) and black-box (penetration testing) testing techniques to efficiently achieve application security by automatically identifying security vulnerabilities and pinpoints the location of the vulnerability in source code.
>> Security Test with Fortify Security Tester for MS Visual Studio 2005 Team System
>> Can Microsoft WinFS be a secured file system?
>> Security Testing and Microsoft
>> For the sake of Security
>> Now threat from faulty security updates
Latest posts by Content Team (see all)
- IndicThreads Pune 2016 To Equip Developers For A New Age Of Software Development - May 27, 2016
- Java Garbage Collectors – Moving to Garbage First (G1) Collector - May 25, 2016
- Using Lambdas and Streams in Java 8 - May 18, 2016