Mercury Interactive Corporation, the global leader in business technology optimization (BTO) software, announced new integrations of Mercury Real User Monitor(TM) with its industry-leading Application Performance Management offerings. Mercury Real User Monitor is an advanced user monitoring offering that captures the real user experience and helps IT teams prioritize problem resolution based on business impact. Mercury will demonstrate these integrations in a best practices webinar on April 20, 2006 titled, “Application Problem Resolution with Real User Monitoring and Diagnostics.”
Robin Purohit, vice president of Application Management products at Mercury said, “Mercury understands that if you have a problem with your mission-critical applications, you have a problem with your business.”
Mercury will share how IT teams can use Mercury Application Performance Management offerings to:
- Significantly reduce the MTTR of application problems by identifying, recording and analyzing how real users interact with business applications, and using this information to monitor, triage and diagnose problems;
- Create scripts from real user sessions in production and replay them for quality assurance or development teams in pre-production;
- Increase IT efficiency by sharing test scripts, requirements, diagnostics information, and real-user production data to test, diagnose and manage application performance in both pre-production and production;
- Support the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) problem management process by identifying and reducing the MTTR of business critical incidents; and
- Provide flexibility and stability for new application initiatives through support of more than 60 environments including J2EE and .NET.