Paulo Caroli’s session on ‘ Complementing Unit Test with Dependency Injection and Mock Objects ‘ presented at the IndicThreads.com Conference On Java Technology 2007 held in Oct 2007 in Pune, India.
Speaker– Paulo Caroli, is an application architect for ThoughtWorks, US. He has a Master’s Degree in Software Engineering, and is a Sun Certified Architect for Java Technology with more than 13 years experience in Software Development.
Moreover, he is currently a trainer for ThoughtWorks on Agile Techniques, such as XP, TDD and Object Oriented development practices. Throughout his career, he has had the opportunity to speak at several technical conferences, and provide training on a multitude of technical topics.
– Unit Test and TDD
– Testing Dependent Components
– Dependency Injection
– Mock Objects
– Case Study
– Q&A The take away for the audience will be
– Understand the need for Mock Object frameworks
– Peek into the basics of JMock – a Mock Object Open Source framework
– Understand Dependency Injection and how it improves testability
– Distinguish Constructor and Setter Dependency Injection
– Glimpse of the leading Open Source Dependency Injection Frameworks Spring, PicoContainer and Guice
– Understand and experience TDD Test Driven Development as it is applied to more complicated unit tests (e.g. dependent component, circular dependency and database layer abstraction) .
Presentation PDF – Complementing Unit Test with Dependency Injection and Mock Objects
* Which Java unit testing framework suits you best? JUnit, TestNG, JTiger…?
* Dependency Injection with Spring or Java EE 5 / EJB 3.0 ?
* Will JUnit test case auto-generation revolutionize unit testing?
Latest posts by Content Team (see all)
- IndicThreads Pune 2016 To Equip Developers For A New Age Of Software Development - May 27, 2016
- Java Garbage Collectors – Moving to Garbage First (G1) Collector - May 25, 2016
- Using Lambdas and Streams in Java 8 - May 18, 2016