Chris Schalk’s session on ‘ JSF and Ajax: An update on the latest strategies for building Ajax applications with JavaServer Faces ‘ presented at the IndicThreads.com Conference On Java Technology 2007 held in Oct 2007 in Pune, India.
Speaker– Chris Schalk is a Developer Advocate for Google and helps promote Google Ajax technologies around the world. He is also one of the original members of the OpenAjax Alliance. Prior to Google, Schalk was a Principal Product Manager and Java Evangelist for Oracle’s application server and development tools division.
While at Oracle, he worked to define the overall Web development experience for Oracle JDeveloper and ADF Faces (Trinidad). He is also the co-author of JavaServer Faces: The Complete Reference published through McGraw-Hill Osborne.
This session serves as an up to date review of the latest technologies and methodologies for building Ajax applications using JavaServer Faces. Specifically covered is:
* How to build custom Ajax enabled JSF components
* How to integrate JSF with existing Ajax technologies such as Google Maps
* A survey of other JSF related Ajax technologies including JMaki, Richfaces, Apache Trinidad RCF.
* A review of the top feature requests for JSF 2.0.
Presentation PDF : JSF and Ajax – Strategies
* All Ajax development can happen serverside using the Backbase framework and JSF
* Pure Ajax creates the next generation legacy applications
* Why did Ajax beat Java in the RIA market?
* Seven Ajax Frameworks / Toolkits to watch out for
* Ajax technologies aren’t particularly new or sexy
* Swing UI is mature while Ajax is still in its infancy
Latest posts by Content Team (see all)
- IndicThreads Pune 2016 To Equip Developers For A New Age Of Software Development - May 27, 2016
- Java Garbage Collectors – Moving to Garbage First (G1) Collector - May 25, 2016
- Using Lambdas and Streams in Java 8 - May 18, 2016