Debu Panda ‘s session on ‘Spring and EJB 3: All-Star Team or Neighbors with Good Fences?’ presented at the IndicThreads.com Conference On Java Technology 2007 held in Oct 2007 in Pune, India.
Speaker– Debu has more than 14 years of experience in the IT industry and has published articles in several magazines and has presented at many conferences. He is a Senior Principal Product Manager of the Oracle Application Server development team. He is co -author of EJB 3.0 In Action.
EJB 3 and the Spring framework are often cast as bitter contenders. Ever wondered if using both technologies together might make sense? If so, this session is worth your while. This session examines the scenarios where EJB 3-Spring integration will allow you to take advantage of the strengths of both technologies.
This session will cover the integration case for persistence, but also span across the complete
feature stack of both technologies in search of great matches. Issues of usability, dependency injection, state management, web services, AOP are all carefully dissected. Integration scenarios and solutions are explored using practical, road-ready code samples.
The goal of this session is to give the attendee a clear and comprehensive picture of the case for interoperability between EJB 3 and the Spring framework. For users that do find compelling integration cases, the session outlines solutions.
The point-by-point analysis will be culminated in a comparison matrix that indicates cases where integration makes sense given a particular application development path. The session will then outline the techniques that can be used to accomplish seamless integration using existing as well as emerging technologies.
Presentation PDF :Spring and EJB 3: All-Star Team or Neighbors with Good Fences?
* BEA Workshop 3.0 IDE with EJB3, Hibernate and Spring
* Checking EJB 3.0 performance
* JavaEE Architecture Using The Spring Framework
* Dependency Injection with Spring or Java EE 5 / EJB 3.0 ?
* Building JSF and EJB3 applications using the JBoss Seam framework
Latest posts by Content Team (see all)
- IndicThreads Pune 2016 To Equip Developers For A New Age Of Software Development - May 27, 2016
- Java Garbage Collectors – Moving to Garbage First (G1) Collector - May 25, 2016
- Using Lambdas and Streams in Java 8 - May 18, 2016