The first IndicThreads.com Java User Meet was held on the 28th of Nov 2004. We at IndicThreads are more than excited with the way things worked out. An important step towards creation of a vibrant Java community in India has been taken.
59 Java enthusiasts turned up for the meet, representing 11 companies and 6 colleges in Pune. The meet lasted for just under 2 hours and included three tech sessions, discussions, a quiz and prizes. The enthusiasm of the participants and their knowledge of the Java language was truly admirable.
We are thankful to SICSR, Whizlabs, NCStudio and the Pune Linux Users Group for supporting this IndicThreads venture.
The session proceedings were as follows:
1) Introduction to IndicThreads and the plan for Pune Java User Meet
2) Session: What’s new in J2SE 5.0
3) Session: MVC frameworks (Apache Struts)
4) Info on Whizlabs and NCStudio
5) Session: Relevance of Java Certifications
6) Formation of Java meet advisory committee.
7) Quiz + Gifts
8) Open discussion
The Pune Java User Meet is tentatively planned for the last Saturday of each month. If you wish to contribute to IndicThreads or wish to present at the Java User meet or have a Java User Meet in your city, write to editor AT indicthreads.com.
Below are some snaps from the meet:
|Chinmay speaks on Enhanced For Loops in J2SE 5.0||Engrossed Java enthusiasts|
The facilities provided by SICSR were just great.
|Harshad speaks about MVC frameworks.|
Sangeeta shares her thoughts on Java certifications
Latest posts by Content Team (see all)
- IndicThreads Pune 2016 To Equip Developers For A New Age Of Software Development - May 27, 2016
- Java Garbage Collectors – Moving to Garbage First (G1) Collector - May 25, 2016
- Using Lambdas and Streams in Java 8 - May 18, 2016