ADF Faces is a rich set of UI components based on the JavaServer Faces specification. The donation was originally part of Oracle Application Development Framework (ADF). This annoucement is expected to give a boost to the Apache MyFaces project.
Oracle Application Development Framework (ADF) is a comprehensive productivity layer for J2EE developers. ADF Faces is the ADF view technology based on JavaServer Faces (JSF). Oracle ADF Faces is a rich set of JSR-127 compliant UI components.
Essentially anyone who downloads ADF Faces from Apache gets the following free of charge:
- File upload support
- Client-side validation
- Partial rendering of a page (AJAX-style)
- Data tables
- Hierarchical tables
- Color/date pickers
- Progress indicators
- Menu tabs/buttons
- Internationalization and accessibility
Latest posts by Content Team (see all)
- IndicThreads Pune 2016 To Equip Developers For A New Age Of Software Development - May 27, 2016
- Java Garbage Collectors – Moving to Garbage First (G1) Collector - May 25, 2016
- Using Lambdas and Streams in Java 8 - May 18, 2016