The expert session for the next IndicThreads Java meet is about the Spring Web Application Framework. The details of the session that will be presented by Shaivya Easwaren are as follows:
J2EE has been around for several years but it has failed in keeping its promises to the developer community – A major one is ease with which developers can build their applications. Spring framework created by Rod Johnson and his team is the alternative for the J2EE components based application development.
The light weight container provided by Spring makes Enterprise class applications possible without costly application server containers and associated complexities involved. Spring framework is based on Inversion of Control principles and Aspect Oriented Programming.
This session will address
* Background information on why Spring is one of the better alternatives for new Java applications
* Pros and cons of J2EE and Spring framework
* Overview of overall Spring framework
* Discussion on few of the major modules.
Shaivya Easwaren is member of Java Center of Excellence in Cognizant. She gets involved in J2EE related projects. She has done her Masters in Computer Science from Vanderbilt University, Nashville.
Date and Time:
> 4.30 pm – 5.30 pm
> Saturday, 29th April 2006
* Entry is free of cost. Entry on first come first served basis.
>> Spring In Action: 9I Book Review
>> 5 good things about the Spring framework
>> Struts Action Framework 2.0 should be released by August 2006
>> Wicket Framework can save 60% of programming time
Latest posts by Content Team (see all)
- IndicThreads Pune 2016 To Equip Developers For A New Age Of Software Development - May 27, 2016
- Java Garbage Collectors – Moving to Garbage First (G1) Collector - May 25, 2016
- Using Lambdas and Streams in Java 8 - May 18, 2016