Groovy has released version JSR 06, which is expected to be the last release before the release candidates. With Groovy now close to version 1.0, JSR 06 should have most if not all the features of 1.0.
The Groovy website as yet doesn’t have a news item on JSR 06, but JSR 06 is very much available for download at http://dist.codehaus.org/groovy/distributions/. Apart from bug fixes, this release also provides various improvements and additions. Key amongst those are:
1) @Property Syntax has been removed. This change will have a significant impact on existing Groovy code. Refer to @Property proposal
2) Provide Mock support with pure Groovy.
No external mock library needed any longer. Refer to Groovy 1246
3) Full stored procedure support for groovy.sql.Sql. Refer to Groovy 493
Groovy project lead Guillaume Laforge in a recent interview said that “Groovy somehow bridges two worlds: the scripting world and the enterprise Java world” and that the main target audience for Groovy is the Java developer crowd. For more info on Groovy and its relevance to Java developers, do check out this Groovy interview.
>> Groovy Release Notes
Latest posts by Content Team (see all)
- IndicThreads Pune 2016 To Equip Developers For A New Age Of Software Development - May 27, 2016
- Java Garbage Collectors – Moving to Garbage First (G1) Collector - May 25, 2016
- Using Lambdas and Streams in Java 8 - May 18, 2016