The Financial Express is carrying a story about 10 years of Java. The story talks of the history of the language, what the language has to offer and where it is headed.
Some key points stated in the story:
- Java today is driving more than $100 billion of
- Java mobile game market is estimated to be around $3
- Seven out of 10 wireless applications currently under
constructions will use Java technology runtime environment.
- On the
enterprise side, $2.2 billion in Java application server and $110
billion in related IT spendings are happening, .
- Today, globally over 4.5 million software developers work on
- Along with that, 100 carrier deployments and 579 million phones
are on this platform.
- Around 750 million Java cards have been