In this article, Herbert Lovelace shares the 4 basics that he follows, in order to get big projects to work.
His 4 step system is:
- Detection: Making sure the problem is clearly identified.
- Preparation: Figuring out what to do and how to do it.
- Implementation: Keep it as simple as possible and have a rollback strategy.
- Reflection: Learn a lot after the project is over about what we might have done differently
He also gives us these quotable quotes :
- "Project histories, like kitchens, tend to be cleaned up when shown to guests."
What’s your experience? How do you make big projects work?
>> Secret CIO: Four Steps To Make Big Projects Work