Based on products evaluated by InfoWorld over the year, the annual Infoworld Technology Awards claim to recognize the most capable, most polished, most groundbreaking, and most valuable products on the IT landscape. The winners in the application & middleware and application development were as follows.For each winner we have listed the product features as claimed by the respective company.
1. (Best Rich Internet Applications Platform) – Curl 5.0
The Curl Rich Internet Application Platform is the most powerful environment for rapidly developing complex, industrial-strength Web applications.
Web – http://www.curl.com/products_platform.php
2. (Best Enterprise Mashup Platform) – JackBe Presto 1.3.1
Presto leverages Enterprise Web 2.0 technologies like Ajax and SOA for enterprise-class solutions for user-driven mashups, collaboration, and SOA virtualization, unleashing breakthroughs in user productivity and increasing the effectiveness of the enterprise portal. Presto can empower any user to access and mashup any data from any application to solve complex tasks on the desktop. Empower your users with capabilities to realize the benefits of Web 2.0 technologies while still adhering to enterprise governance standards.
Web – http://www.jackbe.com/Products/presto.php
3. (Best Java Integrated Development Environment (IDE))- Codegear JBuilder 2007 Enterprise Edition
* Graphical tools that accelerate Web, Java, and Open Source Development
* OptimizeitTM delivers advanced debugging and performance tuning
* LiveSource® UML Modeling ensures the code and models are always in synch
* TeamInsightTM helps manage complex projects across multiple locations
Source – www.codegear.com/products/jbuilder
4. (Best Business Rules Management System)- Blaze Advisor 6.5
Blaze Advisor™ business rules management system is the world’s leading rules management solution, designed to automate operational business decisions and provide companies with unprecedented agility, consistency and precision in their customer interactions.
Web – http://www.fairisaac.com/fic/en/product-service/product-index/blaze-advisor/
5. (Best Application Debugger) – BMC AppSight 6.0
AppSight is the first and only comprehensive solution for resolving problems across the life cycle of J2EE applications. Built on a unique architecture proven to accelerate the problem resolution process by up to 80 percent, AppSight captures, communicates, and pinpoints the root cause of J2EE application problems down to the code for any specific transaction, without the need to recreate the problem or replicate its environment in a lab.
Web – http://www.bmc.com/products/proddocview/0,2832,19052_19429_51861237_142450,00.html
APPLICATIONS & MIDDLEWARE
1. (Best Business Process Management) – Lombardi Teamworks 6 Enterprise
Find the problem areas. Take cost out. Respond to exceptions faster. Process improvement is at the heart of all Business Process Management (BPM) initiatives. Teamworks 6 gives you the platform to deliver applications that support process improvement – whether you have a single project or a complete business transformation in mind.
Web – http://www.lombardisoftware.com/enterprise-bpm-software.php
2. (Best Enterprise Service Bus) – Oracle SOA Suite 10g Release 3
Forward-thinking architects and developers are addressing the complexity of their application and IT environments with Oracle SOA Suite, which facilitates the development of enterprise applications as modular business services that can be easily integrated and reused, creating a truly flexible, adaptable IT infrastructure.
Web – http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/webservices/index.html
3. (Best Database Middleware) – Seemore Virtual Database Server 2.8.0
The seeMore Virtual Database Server provides application developers and IT managers with the ability to access, view and update multiple data sources enterprise-wide as if they were a single database of information. It allows you to create a "Virtual Database" of information by using meta data information from multiple disparate data sources across your enterprise using a corporate data dictionary.
Web – http://www.seemoretechnologies.com/virtual-database/
4. (Best Spreadsheet Collaboration) – Expresso 1.0
eXpresso is the easiest and best way to:
- Upload and share spreadsheets securely
- Collaborate online with real-time viewing and editing
- Track versions, automate audit trails, and perform comparisons
- Get alerts of changes and community activity
5. (Best Community Platform) – Jive Software Clearspace X 1.1.1
Enterprise collaboration software, made simple
Web – http://www.jivesoftware.com/products/clearspace/
Reference: – Infoworld 2008 Awards
* Fusion Middleware, Virtualization and more from Oracle OpenWorld 2007
* OpenWorld Day 2-3: BPEL, Fusion and JDeveloper
* Red Hat + JBoss will expedite the proliferation of open source in the enterprise
* When will Oracle Application Development Framework (ADF) become open source?
* Application Development Stars Of 2006 – NetBeans, Backbase, Blaze, Klocwork, JTest, Dojo and Flex
* Oracle donates Application Development Framework (ADF) Faces to Apache
Latest posts by Content Team (see all)
- IndicThreads Pune 2016 To Equip Developers For A New Age Of Software Development - May 27, 2016
- Java Garbage Collectors – Moving to Garbage First (G1) Collector - May 25, 2016
- Using Lambdas and Streams in Java 8 - May 18, 2016