The session at the Java meet this month looks at one of the most common software development questions encountered in recent times – How to use Agile methodology and techniques on large enterprise application projects? Prerana Patil from Oracle Financial Services (formerly i-flex solutions limited) speaks about “Agile Development for Java Enterprise Applications.”
* For those not in Pune or unable to attend, add your queries in the comments section below and we will try and get them answered at the meet.
Session Overview : Agile is a way to quickly develop working applications by focusing on progressive requirement rather than processes. Agile development is done in iterative manner with short requirements, quick builds and frequent releases. Agile methodology when compared to traditional practices like waterfall model, makes development easier, faster and adaptive.
The session would provide a roadmap for building enterprise-class Java applications using agile methods. It would include introduction to agile methodology and when and why it should be used. Various practices used for agile development (Agile Modeling, Agile Draw, Agile estimation) would be discussed. Agile development based Case Study would be drawn using: Light weight technologies like Spring; ORM for database handling; Test Driven Development approach; Build management & Configuration control in concurrent development environment. Session would also include coding practices to make code adaptable to new requirements and tips for using IDE (Eclipse & Netbeans) for agile development.
Speaker Bio:Prerana Patil has over 5 years of experience of working with Java and Java Enterprise Applications. She is currently working in Technology Practice group of Oracle Financial Services (formerly i-flex solutions limited). She is a Masters in Computer Science from UOP and loves exploring the new things in software world. She has been involved in various trainings on Java, Java EE and can be reached at prerana.patil AT gmail DOT com
Date and Time:
Saturday, 7th June 2008
6.00 pm – 7.30 pm
* Entry is free of cost. Register Now (recommended but optional)
* Continuous Integration – Agile Software Development Q & A
* Understanding Agile: 1-2-3 and you are agile!
* Refactoring to Patterns – A practical look into Agile approach on Evolutionary Design
Latest posts by Content Team (see all)
- IndicThreads Pune 2016 To Equip Developers For A New Age Of Software Development - May 27, 2016
- Java Garbage Collectors – Moving to Garbage First (G1) Collector - May 25, 2016
- Using Lambdas and Streams in Java 8 - May 18, 2016