I read this story a few days back: Rise of the Underdog Browser. It says that IE is slipping and users are moving to other browsers like Opera and Firefox.
It goes to show that developing apps that work with most of the popular browsers is going to get even tougher. Earlier you supported IE and Netscape and most clients would be happy however u now have to also think of Opera and Firefox. I have nothing against these browsers as I use Opera and Avant Browser quite a lot and think they are wonderful. They have many great features that IE and Netscape lack.
- On the serverside, I have the power of Java at my disposal.
- There are some amazing frameworks available that make things like validations and stuff very simple if done on the serverside.
So the bottom line is that if u r developing for the future u better plan your apps for compatibility beyond just IE and Netscape.
Latest posts by Content Team (see all)
- IndicThreads Pune 2016 To Equip Developers For A New Age Of Software Development - May 27, 2016
- Java Garbage Collectors – Moving to Garbage First (G1) Collector - May 25, 2016
- Using Lambdas and Streams in Java 8 - May 18, 2016