Hemal Shrimanker in the article ‘Abide by software testing rules’ looks at some of the basics of testing software. Simple and easy to implement rules that are often ignored and lead to disastrous consequences.
The article defines the six basic rules / principles of software testing as –
- Define expected results
- Don’t test your own programmes
- Check each and every test thoroughly
- Test cases should provide for unexpected conditions
- Test the programme for what it is expected to do and what it is not
- Software testing should be done with the intent of finding errors