Ajax killed the click-and-wait experience we once associated with the Web and today, Comet is eliminating the stale data-delivery associated with traditional Ajax techniques such as polling. However, based on recent progress within WebSockets in the HTML5 specification, Web developers can finally make streaming data to browsers in real-time a reality.
With this development (WebSocket) developers can recreate any type of Web application or traditional desktop solution, such as chat, email, stock trading, betting etc… This session is a follow up to the HTML 5 & WebSockets introductory session “HTML 5 & WebSockets Are The Future Of The Web” and will use a Web-based stock trading application as an illustration of how to leverage this new standard, and how to best create enterprise Web applications that can connect to any type of back end services, such as JMS, JMX, EJB, and IMAP. Additionally, the speaker will discuss how to build support for custom protocols supporting HTML 5’s WebSockets. Finally, you will be introduced to best practices for delivering scalable, real-time Comet Web applications.
Sidda Eraiah is Director of Management Services at Kaazing. Sidda has over 17 years experience in software development and has worked extensively on creation of development tools for Java EE, BPM and SOA technologies. Prior to joining Kaazing, Sidda worked as a lead developer at Oracle for 12 years developing successful products for Enterprise Applications development at Oracle: Oracle BPM Suite, Oracle SOA Suite, Oracle ADF, JDeveloper, and Oracle Forms.
- This session was delivered at the 3rd IndicThreads.com Conference On Java Technology.
- Session Slides (PDF) – How to build an enterprise trading solution using HTML 5’s WebSockets
* Internet Of Things (IoT), Cloud, Big Data, Java… at
IndicThreads.com Developer Conference, Feb 2015, Pune – India.
Latest posts by Content Team (see all)
- IndicThreads Pune 2016. Celebrating 10 years of the IndicThreads Conference! - November 6, 2015
- Internet Of Things (IoT) Is The In-Thing At IndicThreads Conference, Pune 2015 - January 29, 2015
- Big Data Search With Elasticsearch - December 9, 2014