Google has open sourced Page Speed, a tool that was being used internally at Google to analyze and optimize web page performance. The performance best practices section of the Page Speed guide lists and discusses various web site performance optimization strategies and is a good read.
The best practices are grouped into five categories that cover different aspects of page load optimization:
- Optimizing caching — keeping your application’s data and logic off the network altogether
- Minimizing round-trip times — reducing the number of serial request-response cycles
- Minimizing request size — reducing upload size
- Minimizing payload size — reducing the size of responses, downloads, and cached pages
- Optimizing browser rendering — improving the browser’s layout of a page
The Google Page Speed announcement says –
* Internet Of Things (IoT), Cloud, Big Data, Java… at
IndicThreads.com Developer Conference, Feb 2015, Pune – India.
Latest posts by Content Team (see all)
- Internet Of Things (IoT) Is The In-Thing At IndicThreads Conference, Pune 2015 - January 29, 2015
- Big Data Search With Elasticsearch - December 9, 2014
- Modelling RESTful applications – Why should I not use verbs in the REST url? - December 4, 2014