uTest has added application profiling to its platform in an attempt to better match customers’ testing needs with members of its global QA community. Version 2.3 of the uTest platform also includes a new discussion thread tool, which enables customers to communicate directly and in real-time with their entire virtual testing team.
Customer applications can now be more accurately matched to tester expertise through refined application profiling. New drop-down menus contain:
- Application Type: Web, Desktop, or Mobile
- Testing Type: Functional, Usability, or Load & Performance
- Industry Type: Social Networking, Retail, Entertainment/Gaming, Financial Services, etc.
- Audience: Consumer, Business or Both
Discussion threads are now available for each uTest project, offering a virtual meeting room for the entire virtual testing team. Testers who have been invited to a particular testing project can use this secure message board to ask and answer questions, or to communicate directly with the customer and the uTest project manager.
The new discussion thread functionality enables the virtual testing team to “meet” and discuss the project in real-time. This enhanced functionality is free for uTest customers and is designed to drive valuable tester feedback so customers can ultimately build stronger virtual testing teams and higher quality apps.
“As our customers’ applications become more varied and advanced — for example, testing iPhone apps in the B2B arena or experience testing gaming apps — so too must the uTest platform and our community of testers,” said Doron Reuveni, CEO of uTest. “With our new, sophisticated app profiling and additional collaboration tools, uTest makes it even easier for customers to save time and money on testing with their virtual QA teams.”
Latest posts by Content Team (see all)
- IndicThreads Pune 2016 To Equip Developers For A New Age Of Software Development - May 27, 2016
- Java Garbage Collectors – Moving to Garbage First (G1) Collector - May 25, 2016
- Using Lambdas and Streams in Java 8 - May 18, 2016