Python 3.1.1 has been released. This bug fix release fixes many normal bugs and several critical ones including potential data corruption in the io library. Python 3.1 focuses on the stabilization and optimization of the features and changes that Python 3.0 introduced.
Improvements in 3.1 release include:
- An ordered dictionary type
- Various optimizations to the int type
- New unit test features including test skipping and new assert methods.
- A much faster io module
- Tile support for Tkinter
- A pure Python reference implementation of the import statement
- New syntax for nested with statements