Python 3.1.1 has been released. This bug fix release fixes many normal bugs and several critical ones including potential data corruption in the io library. Python 3.1 focuses on the stabilization and optimization of the features and changes that Python 3.0 introduced.
Improvements in 3.1 release include:
- An ordered dictionary type
- Various optimizations to the int type
- New unit test features including test skipping and new assert methods.
- A much faster io module
- Tile support for Tkinter
- A pure Python reference implementation of the import statement
- New syntax for nested with statements
Latest posts by Content Team (see all)
- IndicThreads Pune 2016 To Equip Developers For A New Age Of Software Development - May 27, 2016
- Java Garbage Collectors – Moving to Garbage First (G1) Collector - May 25, 2016
- Using Lambdas and Streams in Java 8 - May 18, 2016