Azul Systems has released Azul Systems Java Virtual Machine 2.5 (AVM 2.5), which claims to be the industry’s only virtualized JVM. The AVM 2.5 release includes several new features, including support for the Windows platform, improved diagnostics and profiling functionality, and enhanced performance capabilities.
“AVM 2.5 extends our reach into business-critical Java applications on the Windows platform which is important for both Enterprise and SMB markets,” said Scott Sellers, President and CEO for Azul Systems. “With our ongoing support of J2SE 1.4, 5.0 and Java SE 6, we are able to deliver the industry’s best Java Platform across a broad range of Java applications.”
“We are very excited to bring the benefits of tremendous scalability, accessing 100s of Gigabytes of memory and 100s of CPUs, and production time visibility for Java applications on the Windows platform,” said Shyam Pillalamarri, VP of Engineering for Azul Systems. “Developers on Windows can now leverage the outstanding productivity benefits that the Azul solution provides.”
Highlights of AVM 2.5 include:
* Support for heterogeneous Java environments – including Windows, Solaris (SPARC/x86), Linux (x86), AIX (Power), and HP-UX (PA-RISC) platforms
* Always-on production monitoring and diagnostics – dramatically improves problem resolution cycles through zero-overhead production-time visibility into all performance aspects of running java applications, including detailed memory profiles, thread execution profiles, and i/o interaction profiles.
* Support of multiple J2SE versions – including J2SE 1.4, 5.0 and Java SE 6
* Enhanced Pauseless Garbage Collection – Eliminates pause time related application instability even under unpredictable application loads. Supports seamless scale in Java memory footprints up to 670GB, and sustains high throughput applications with allocation rates of 30GB/sec and more.
* Internet Of Things (IoT), Cloud, Big Data, Java… at
IndicThreads.com Developer Conference, Feb 2015, Pune – India.
Latest posts by Content Team (see all)
- IndicThreads Pune 2016. Celebrating 10 years of the IndicThreads Conference! - November 6, 2015
- Internet Of Things (IoT) Is The In-Thing At IndicThreads Conference, Pune 2015 - January 29, 2015
- Big Data Search With Elasticsearch - December 9, 2014