Sun today announced availability of Sun Java Communications Suite 7.
WHAT’S NEW IN RELEASE 7
* Calendar Server 7 – fully supports the latest CalDAV standard, enabling interoperability with other calendaring clients like Mac iCal and Mozilla Lightning, and offers native calendar synchronization with mobile devices that support CalDAV, including the Apple iPhone.
* Indexing and Search Service 1 – provides real-time indexing and search of messaging content, including attachments in a wide variety of data types such as PDF, Microsoft Office, OpenOffice.org, and popular image formats.
* Messaging Server 7 Update 3 – delivers a highly scalable, secure and high-performance messaging platform that supports leading operating environments and now adds Red Hat 5.
* Instant Messaging 8 Update 2 – offers a scalable, standards-compliant instant messaging and presence platform that supports IM in mobile devices and interoperability with other IM networks, namely AOL, MSN and Yahoo.
* Sun Convergence 1 Update 3 – features a rich Web client for the Java Communications Suite email, calendaring, contacts, IM and other Web services. This update of Convergence enables fast searches of email attachments using the new Indexing and Search Service, provides access to external POP email, supports all leading browsers and adds Internet Explorer 8.
“This is the most scalable, secure, and feature rich Communications product in the industry,” said Jim Parkinson, senior vice president at Sun Microsystems. “With the addition of CalDAV and the latest version of our Convergence user interface, we’ve proven that you do not have to sacrifice scale, security and functionality for an outstanding mail, calendar and messaging experience through a web browser.”