SpringSource has released tc Server Spring Edition, which claims to be the best place to build and run Spring applications. tc Server Spring Edition provides a lightweight platform for running modern applications and is said to be suited for the virtualized datacenter as well as private and public cloud environments.
Based on the popular Apache Tomcat server, tc Server Spring Edition provides developers and operators with top-down insight into the performance and health of their Spring applications.
As a September 2009 report by Forrester Research Inc., titled, “Lean, the New Business Technology Imperative,” states: “Don’t buy and install more stuff than you need. When you evaluate software for any given project, make brevity and compactness a consideration. Too many clients spend far too much time and effort trying to find the products with the most features. Lean shops look for just enough, no more.”
Key Features of tc Server Spring Edition
SpringSource tc Server Spring Edition harmonizes the application lifecycle by providing a modern platform that delivers new levels of developer efficiency, operational control and deployment flexibility.
- Deep visibility into the health and performance of Spring applications
- Enhanced build and deploy process through integration with Maven
- Agile Spring development experience with SpringSource Tool Suite designed to speed the code / test cycle and ability to find underperforming areas of your applications
- Performance and SLA management of Spring applications provides the top-down insight required to help ensure applications are operating as expected
- Rich alert definition, workflows and flexible control actions enable application operators to proactively manage application issues
- Group availability and event dashboards make it easy to see the problem areas and possible root causes of issues
- Template-driven server instance creation enables multiple application server instances per machine to be configured and deployed in a matter of seconds
- Integrated experience with VMware Workstation and VMware Lab Manager enables applications to be easily deployed and debugged within encapsulated virtualized environments
- Open, secure API for all operations ensures system administrators have access to the operational capabilities they need using the scripting tools they are familiar with
SpringSource will be hosting a webinar titled, “SpringSource tc Server: The Best Place to Build and Run Spring Applications,” on March 23, 2010.
* Internet Of Things (IoT), Cloud, Big Data, Java… at
IndicThreads.com Developer Conference, Feb 2015, Pune – India.
Latest posts by Content Team (see all)
- Big Data Search With Elasticsearch - December 9, 2014
- Modelling RESTful applications – Why should I not use verbs in the REST url? - December 4, 2014
- SQL on Hadoop – Is SQL The Next Big Step For Hadoop? - December 2, 2014