The session looks at the fundamentals of Scala with examples to highlight its unique features like case classes and pattern matching, for comprehensions, traits, functions as values and others. It also looks at Scala’s support for writing internal as well as external DSLs.
Scala is a multi-paradigm programming language that has superb interoperability with Java and runs on the JVM. Scala combines Object Oriented Programming and Functional Programming paradigms rather elegantly. This enables Scala to have extremely concise syntax for both: programming-in-the-small as well as programming-in-the-large.
Speaker – Mushtaq Ahmed is a Business Analyst at ThoughtWorks. He is also a is a huge Scala enthusiast. He has spent over 8 years in the IT industry. He has done MTech in Biomedical Engg from IITB and MBBS from B. J. Medical College, Pune.
- This session was delivered at the 4th IndicThreads.com Conference On Java.
- Mindmap used for the session – Code from the session
Latest posts by Content Team (see all)
- IndicThreads Pune 2016 To Equip Developers For A New Age Of Software Development - May 27, 2016
- Java Garbage Collectors – Moving to Garbage First (G1) Collector - May 25, 2016
- Using Lambdas and Streams in Java 8 - May 18, 2016