ActiveState has released ActivePython 126.96.36.199 and ActivePython 188.8.131.52 Python distributions. The new releases include –
* PyWin32: PyWin32 is now included in the 64-bit & Python3 builds! Since we recently updated our PyWin32 source tree, this release comes with several bug fixes.
* PyPM: There is now an “upgrade” feature in PyPM, our beloved Python Package Manager distributed with ActivePython free of charge. What this means is that if you type “pypm upgrade” it will update all your installed Python Packages to the latest version to save you time and keep you up-to-date.
* Switch between Python versions: Also new in this 2.6 release is a new tool called pythonselect that can be used to switch between multiple ActivePython versions.
* Dive Into Python 3: ActivePython 184.108.40.206 now includes Mark Pilgrim’s Dive Into Python 3, the popular advanced tutorial for learning Python3. You can find it in the documentation section.
src – activestate
Latest posts by Content Team (see all)
- IndicThreads Pune 2016 To Equip Developers For A New Age Of Software Development - May 27, 2016
- Java Garbage Collectors – Moving to Garbage First (G1) Collector - May 25, 2016
- Using Lambdas and Streams in Java 8 - May 18, 2016