ThoughtWorks Studios has launched Go Mobile, a collection of content, best practices and technical solutions to build and deploy enterprise-grade mobile applications for the iPhone/iPad, Android and BlackBerry platforms.
“Go Mobile directly addresses the lack of resources that are available to developers and IT organizations that must quickly develop and release high-quality mobile applications,” said Adam Monago, vice president of client services for ThoughtWorks Studios. “Through best practices, community input and technology, Go Mobile provides the knowledge and tools developers need to leverage mobile platforms at the enterprise level.”
Go Mobile brings together a range of resources, including tooling and supporting engineering practices, for Agile mobile developers working on the iOS (iPhone/iPad), Android and BlackBerry platforms. It claims to fill a major gap regarding automated testing and deployment by providing the right infrastructure for successful projects.
Go Mobile is comprised of the following resources:
* Go Mobile Community Discussion Site – a place to share and gather information from peers including white papers, tutorials and templates
* Agile Practices for iPhone Development White Paper
* Frank – Free Automated Testing Tool for iOS – UI testing comprised of several open source tools, notably UISpec, cocoahttpserver, and Cucumber
* Go – Agile release management for mobile applications – free download for small teams and trial
* Podcast of ThoughtWorks expert iPad development team discussing mobile application work with a major Global investment bank
* Web demo on using Go to build and deploy applications to iPhone and iPad
Latest posts by Content Team (see all)
- IndicThreads Pune 2016 To Equip Developers For A New Age Of Software Development - May 27, 2016
- Java Garbage Collectors – Moving to Garbage First (G1) Collector - May 25, 2016
- Using Lambdas and Streams in Java 8 - May 18, 2016