Cloud Lock-in vs. Cloud Interoperability session was presented at the 2nd Annual IndicThreads.com Conference On Upcoming Technology (Cloud Computing) held in June 2011 in Pune, India.
As the cloud adoption increases, there is a growing concern about the lock-in of customers into the various cloud platforms. This session will discuss various major cloud platforms, the type of lock-in the customer will face in each of these platforms and what each customer can do to minimize their lock-in.
Key takeaways for audience are:
- Understand what is cloud lock-in
- Types of cloud vendor lock-ins
- What is cloud interoperability
- Major initiatives around cloud interoperability standards
- Goals, differences and players/proponents of these major standards
- Steps to minimize cloud lock-in for your customers
Speaker: Ashwin Waknis is a Sr. IT professional with 15 years in the industry. Ashwin is currently head of the Cloud Professional Services Business at Persistent Systems. Before that Ashwin was a Sr. Product Manager at Cisco Systems where he lead major initiatives around Knowledge Management, Enterprise Portal, Web 2.0/Social software and Enterprise Search.
* Excuse the video quality. It is intentionally so, to ensure that the video works fine on slow connections.
Latest posts by Content Team (see all)
- IndicThreads Pune 2016 To Equip Developers For A New Age Of Software Development - May 27, 2016
- Java Garbage Collectors – Moving to Garbage First (G1) Collector - May 25, 2016
- Using Lambdas and Streams in Java 8 - May 18, 2016