py2exe is a Python distutils extension which converts python scripts into executable windows programs and able to run without requiring a python installation.
py2exe can be used to create wxPython, Tkinter, Pmw, PyGTK, pygame, win32com client and server modules and other standalone programs, it is distributed under an open-source license, released under the Mozilla Public License Version 1.1.
- Â The command line switch instructs py2exe to bundle needed dlls and pyds into the library file or the executable itself.
- Â It allows Python inprocess COM servers to run completely isolated from other Python interpreters.
- Â To prevent unicode encoding error, py2exe now by default includes the codecs module and the encodings package.
- Â It is no longer required to clean the build directory from time to time to prevent some strange errors.
- Â Several patches have been integrated.
The documentation is not yet completed , but there is some information available in the WIKI pages.
Latest posts by Content Team (see all)
- IndicThreads Pune 2016 To Equip Developers For A New Age Of Software Development - May 27, 2016
- Java Garbage Collectors – Moving to Garbage First (G1) Collector - May 25, 2016
- Using Lambdas and Streams in Java 8 - May 18, 2016