Jakarta Commons IO is a library of utility, file filter, endian and
stream classes that aim to make working with IO much more pleasant.
There are three main areas included:
* Utility classes – with static methods to perform common tasks
* Filters – various implementations of file filters
* Streams – useful stream, reader and writer implementations
These classes aim to add to the standard JDK IO classes.
The utilities provide convenience wrappers around the JDK, simplifying
various operations into pre-tested units of code.
The filters and streams provide useful implementations that perhaps should
be in the JDK itself.
Source: Apache Jakarta News
>> Jakarta Commons IO
Latest posts by Content Team (see all)
- IndicThreads Pune 2016 To Equip Developers For A New Age Of Software Development - May 27, 2016
- Java Garbage Collectors – Moving to Garbage First (G1) Collector - May 25, 2016
- Using Lambdas and Streams in Java 8 - May 18, 2016