The expert session for the next meet on Java technology is about Portlets. The Java meet will be followed by a PythonThreads session about the popular Django web development framework.
If you are new to portlets, here’s the Wikipedia definition ” Portlets are pluggable user interface components that are managed and displayed in a web portal. Portlets produce fragments of markup code that are aggregated into a portal page.
* Amol Raje is currently working as a business analyst with the Global functions team in
HSBC GLT. He was earlier with ITC Infotech in Bangalore and has over 5 years of industry experience.
* Amitabh Jain is an IT professional with more than 8 years of experience in companies like Infosys and Vertex. He has done his graduation in Computer Science from Pune University followed by MBA from IIM, Ahmedabad. Currently, he is involved in setting up a startup that is focused on executing projects using accelerated development frameworks like Django.
IndicThreads and PythonThreads meets are held on the last Saturday of each month.
|Amitabh Jain||Amol Raje|
Saturday, 30th September 2006
4.30 pm – 5.30 pm – Introduction to Portlets. Walkthrough of portlet development and
could be put to use (business drivers). Also a quick walkthrough on portlet
administration – by Amol Raje
5.35 pm – 6.35 pm – Pune Python meet – A session on Django. Django is a high-level Python Web framework that encourages rapid development and clean, pragmatic design. – by Amitabh Jain
Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research (SICSR),
7th floor, Atur Center, Model Colony,
Pune, Maharashtra, India
(Event supported by SICSR)
* Entry is free of cost. Entry on first come first served basis.
Latest posts by Content Team (see all)
- IndicThreads Pune 2016 To Equip Developers For A New Age Of Software Development - May 27, 2016
- Java Garbage Collectors – Moving to Garbage First (G1) Collector - May 25, 2016
- Using Lambdas and Streams in Java 8 - May 18, 2016