SubversionJ, or SVNJ for the Subversion open source project will today be presented at SubConf 2009. SVNJ will provide a rich server-side Java API that will leverage Subversion’s established code base written in the C programming language.
This will allow the Subversion community to reach out to millions of Java developers and enable the same expansion and enrichment of Subversion functionality on the server-side that has been seen on the client-side due to the rich set of APIs for Java, Python and Perl that are available.
SubversionJ’s goals are to:
- Reach out to millions of Java developers who may become contributors.
- Reuse the existing Subversion code base wherever possible.
- Provide a server-side SVN/DAV implementation that will deploy in any standard J2EE container.
- Provide a simple, pluggable API for custom authentication and authorization implementations.
- Provide an API for a wide range of database back ends to offer deployment options beyond FSFS.