JetBrains has released IntelliJ IDEA 9. Starting with version 9, IntelliJ IDEA is offered in two editions: Community Edition, free and open-source, and Ultimate Edition, encompassing 100% of IntelliJ IDEA functionality.
“We’re happy to make this latest release not only packed full of new functionality, but also impressive in terms of the IDE performance, especially startup speed,” said Sergey Dmitriev, JetBrains CEO. “IntelliJ IDEA 9 offers many great new features, such as support for Java EE 6, Spring 3.0, OSGi, Android, and Tapestry, as well as many productivity and usability improvements. We keep up with all the latest technology trends and enjoy close cooperation with our users, whose feedback and overall contribution helps us stay on the cutting edge.”
Key new features and improvements include:
– Much faster environment, with background indexing on startup
– Extensive Java EE 6 support
– Many productivity features in core Java functionality
– Best-of-breed PHP support, with dedicated debugger, PHPUnit, etc.
– Visual editor for defining the structure of project deliverables
(.war, .ear archives, etc.)
– AIR support, ActionScript refactorings, and other Flex support
Latest posts by Content Team (see all)
- Internet Of Things (IoT) in Smart Cities - February 22, 2016
- Internet of Things (IoT) – An Architectural Perspective - February 18, 2016
- Changing application demands: What developers need to know - February 17, 2016