Representational State Transfer (REST) style web services are very popular. They offer simplicity and flexibility of choosing the content in which they can be consumed. This session focuses on the pros and cons of using binary format as a content for the RESTful web services. In this talk, Google Protocol Buffers will be used as an example content for Restful Web Services. We also will compare other options for data serialization systems such as Avro, Java objects in terms of performance, ease of development.
REST Style Web Services was presented at 6th Annual IndicThreads.com Conference On Java, December 2011, Pune, India.
Prasad is a Sr. Product Developer at BMC Software. He holds a B.E from the University of Pune and an MS from University of Akron, US. He also did a diploma course in business management from Symbiosis University.
* On play, you can change the layout as convenient.
* Call For Speakers! Submit A Talk on Web Technologies, Internet Of Things, Serverside, Cloud or Big Data For The Upcoming
IndicThreads.com Developer Conference, Feb 2015, Pune – India.
Latest posts by Content Team (see all)
- Building A Big Data Platform With Hbase/Hadoop and NoSQL Mongo DB - November 10, 2014
- On Emerging Technologies (Cloud, Mobile, Big Data, IoT, Analytics…) - November 3, 2014
- Accelerating Computation in HTML5 – Leveraging multi-core CPUs and GPUs - October 1, 2013